You have one job. And that is to live an extraordinary life. – Umair Hague
Igniting a Global Sisterhood
Happy International Women’s Day 2016 celebrations recognize the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women, and their March 8 campaign marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. Here are some quick must-know facts on International Women’s Day bit.ly/24I4TPA #IWD2016 #PledgeForParity. Peace be the Journey on the untapped radical power and increased liberties of women to pursue more options with outcomes to suit them individually as opposed to what culture demands of them. Still I Rise.
Dance with your shadow. Face her. Accept her. Embrace her. With deep introspection you can learn to accept your precious self and receive all the love you deserve.
As we learn about Women’s History Month, let’s take a moment to also think about where we’d be without the inventions of some brilliant female minds. #NaturalResourceManagement Mahalo!
Since the first historical IWD was marked, there has been a significant improvement in the lives of women across the world, in terms of gender equality, education, and increased visibility recognition.
To commemorate the special day, IBTimes UK has compiled a list of inspirational quotes.
- “Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants.” – Coco Chanel
- “Women are clear-headed, they are more creative and for this reason, sometimes, also more fragile.” – Emma Bonino
- “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacation-less class.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Honor your daughters. They are honorable.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “The history of all times, and of today especially, teaches that… women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves.” – Louise Otto
- “The fastest way to change society is to mobilise the women of the world.” – Charles Malik
- “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” – Melinda Gates
- “A woman’s guess is much more accurate than a man’s certainty.” – Rudyard Kipling